Saturday, June 4, 2016

We are in June!!! Half the year is almost over ....

I have been sick this past week; and still not doing well -- but I am not short on cards!  Here is this week's cards to share!

 This year I have volunteered to be one of the many hostesses for VSN.  You ask, 'What is VSN?"  VSN stands for Virtual Stamping Night - and it happens on Splitcoaststampers!!  We were told to use something sports-wise.  Growing up I use to go and see the Angels play in Southern California.  Their colors?  Red, White and Blue!!  I found this little guy online and printed him off twice.  I fussy cut one and popped him up on top of the printed one for the 3-D effect.  I punched out the stars and glued them on.  Then placed diamond gems on them.  Also there is one on the flag our little guy is holding.  I printed off the sentiment, which we always sang, 'Take me out to the ball game!' 
 This week our Tea Potter's challenge hostess (who lives in Canada) asked up to make encouraging cards that featured either the firetrucks or police.  As you may be aware; Canada has lost a lot of lives and land due to fires.  People have lost their homes, and all of their belongings.  We need to encourage them.  The challenge said we get extra 'cookies' if we put the word 'Canada' on our cards.  (Made up cookies).  You can find mine on the truck.  I stamped the sun.clouds (Stacy Stamps) and trees (Heartfelt Creations) - took chalk and colored the hillside.  I also used a little gray for the sky.  The sentiment, 'When all seems lost, GOD SAYS, 'I HAVE IT'.  That stamp is from Sweet n' Sassy.  Last not lease I cut a strip of black card stock, and drew white lines down the middle to look like a road. 
 Inspirational Challenge this week took us to a website of romantic shoes!  YES - shoes!  If you would like to see the shoes that challenged me today here is a link to it.  Shoes.   As you can see there is a lot of gold on white.  I die cut my tree  and the curvy  line (both are made by Memory Box).  I stamped my sentiment made by, 'American Art Stamp'.  Then I took silver and gold glitter glue and placed silver on the gold tree; gold on the sentiment flowers.  I also die cut the birds in gold foil paper (did I forget to mention that before?)  The bird die is made by 'Impression Obsession'. 
 I got a new stamp I have been dying to try!  It is this flower by 'Hero Arts'.  I placed Bamboo Leaves ink on the leaves and stem and Rhubarb Stalk on the flower.  I then took chalk and colored the middle and then added yellow pearl glue to the center.  I adhered the Washi tape across the card.  Placed my stamp image which I die cut a square with stitches made by 'Lawn Fawn'.  I punched out the butterfly.  I folded back the wings and put black pearl glue for the body.  If you look really close you will see they look like gems and not a straight  line.  The sentiment is made by 'Verve.' 
 Well with Father's Day coming up - I had to get cracking and make some different Father's Day cards to sell.  This is one of them.  I stamped on two different size tags - In the hole I placed a brad that looks like a screw.  Another one smaller, in the upper right hand corner.  I then took apart some twine and draped it around it.  I punched out a pennant and place that under it.  The sentiment stamp is made by 'My Sentiments Exactly'.  The car stamp is made by 'Stampability'. 
Our Mixability challenge - was featuring a day at the beach.  This beautiful stamp is made by 'Unity'.  I colored it with chalk and marking pens.  The shell is a stamp made by, 'Primitive Marketing Inc.'.  The sentiment is made by 'Unity' as well and comes with this stamp.

I say it every week - I hope to hear from you.  May God bless you this week and keep each one healthy, safe and cared for.  God bless!  Jan

No comments: