Saturday, June 18, 2016

Tomorrow is Father's Day!!

Can't believe another week has gone by again.  But here it is and tomorrow will be Father's Day!  I have a few cards to share with you this week.   A neighbor of mine wanted some cards made for her.  So this week I have been busy filling this order.  She asked for some Sympathy; Anniversary and of course Birthday cards!!


 
This card was such a simple yet elegant card to make.  I took music background paper and stamped this flower on it.  I stamped it in green and burgundy.  I added some glitter to the burgundy petals.  It gives it a softer feel.  I stamped my sentiment and die cut and stamped around it and popped it up for the 3-D effect. 
 She also needed an Anniversary card.  It is hard to see, but I used two types of glitter paper for this.  One in gold and one in white.  This square fancy die is from Spellbinders.  The square in the middle is from Lawn Fawn die cut set.  I punched out two gold hearts, stamped the sentiment from Fiskars.  Then wrapped it up with a beautiful white bow.
 She needed a 'guy' birthday card.  So I used this beautiful image stamp from Sweet n' Sassy.  The sentiment stamp is made from Flonz.  I colored the image in chalk. 
 This card I made this morning for the Inspirational Challenge.  I really like the way the butterfly pops off the page, don't you?  Thank you stamp is from OTC, I used my Lawn Fawn square dies for this.  I turned one around after die cutting the square inside a square.  Confusing huh?  Not really!  I added white gems to the body of the butterfly to make it stand out even more.

  Now here we are  with Father's Day.  I used this one to wish the 'Office guy' a Happy Father's Day.  I use plaid for the base of this card.  Adding two rectangles, slightly angled.  Added a tie, with a 'stud diamond' now how is that for high class?  A pair of glasses, with lacquer in the lens, stamped with the HFD sentiment, and added the red gems for effect! 
I guess I must be stuck on the office for Father's day.  As you can see this die is a suit and tie, with just an added sentiment to set the tone right.

Well as always - I sure hope to hear from you and I wish you a blessed week!  God bless!  Jan

2 comments:

*Vicki* said...

These are all really amazing creations!! The gold frame and Father's Day tie cards are my faves here!! :) TFS!!

Jan Leslie said...

Thank you so much!!! I plan on writing a new blog today... I have been sick the past couple of weeks -- so I am really due to get one written. I hope you will come back and see my blog again and leave a comment. Thanks so much!! Jan