Saturday, May 28, 2016

May is almost over .....

Can you believe it?  May is almost over?  In just a couple of days we start into the second half of 2016!  With Mother's Day over, we are quickly coming up on Father's Day.  Next week, I plan (more like hope) I have some Father's Day cards to share with you.  So please be sure to tune in for that okay? 

This week went entirely too fast for me -- that plus health issues yesterday blew over me like wind.  I do have some new cards to show you for this week and I hope you will leave me a comment or two. 

 As you know I participate in challenges each week.  It is a really good way to learn new techniques, and challenge yourself ability in creating something beautiful.  For this card, it was the Sketch Challenge.  I chose to use the tan and black combination of colors, (which I really love); cut a simple strip of black and glued that down, next the Washi tape (that is the thin brown tape you see next to my black strip).  I proceeded to cut out four different sizes of circles.  The biggest one I stamp my Gibson girl (Flonz Stamps); I placed the next biggest one (according to our sketch) slightly below her and to the left.  It was bare to me so I added four flowers (from Hobby Lobby).  The two other sizes were next, the next biggest size would cover part of my stamp which I did not like, so I tucked part of it under the big circle.  The littlest one I placed next to it --- and added an adhesive brad of a butterfly on top.  All of these circles are popped up for 3-D dimension. 
 This card has a LOT on it - why I piled so much - is beyond me.  I guess it looked better in person than on camera.  Giggles.  This was a color challenge:  Hot pink, the bright yellow and the bright orange with our choice of any green color.  I started with the panels, intending to maybe do a flower die to each panel.  Didn't happen; who knows why?  I then thought of my row of houses to die cut in green and pop up those on the middle panel.  I thought of a friend who is moving in a couple of weeks and thought to put a bow and gold gem on one of the houses.  I die cut the clouds and then embossed them with my swirly embossing folder, popped those up.  Added a bird gem.  The bottom one got a nice sentiment, 'sending blessings your way' and on either side three orange stick on gems.  To send or not to send is the question... what do you think I should do?  Send this or make a new card?
 'Try a New Technique' is the name of this challenge.  The technique is called the 'Collar Technique'.  As you can see it is a fold for our card.  My initial thought was to add some die cut leaves.  Couldn't make it happen for some reason, there I graduated to trying flowers -- didn't happen there either.  So then -- knowing the cat lover that I am, I thought to myself, 'You can't go wrong with a car!'  And so I cut this die cut - this beautiful cat and slapped on a diamond eye.  Up above I stamped the truth, 'My therapist has whiskers'.  And then stamped a heart. 


My Thursday's challenge is called, 'Ways to Use it'.  It called for something stitched.  So I immediately went to my new die from Our Daily Bread Designs and started choosing some patterned paper and die cutting.  I then played puzzle making.  Gluing the black down and carefully picking out each piece for each space -- I finally came up with this.  I added a die cut flower, 'Aster Flower' also from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The small flower in the center was an embellishment, I bought from Hobby Lobby.  I then stamped 'Best Friends' on the bottom right.  This stamp is made from 'Oriental Trading Co.'.

For my last card: Wouldn't you know it?  Another Ways to Use it challenge card!  This one called to make our own background with flowers.  Using  my Misti - (what on earth did I do before that came along???)  I stamped the leafy vines several times on my card in ink called, Bamboo Leaves - to make it really stand out.  That stamp is made from; 'Indigo Blu'.  I then glued on the flowers (yes the same ones in a different color from Hobby Lobby), The yellow ones, are paper punched and light bronze gems are added.  The bible verse is a stamp from 'Verve' and I thought it most appropriate for this card.

Well folks that is the last of them for this week!  Please stop by next week and may God bless you and keep you in His care!  Jan

No comments: