Friday, February 7, 2014

Hi there!

It is Friday and I just may have a couple of cards to show you today!  But first let me say a couple things.  One:  Be sure to read my devotionals, today I published my first one.  Just go to the left here and click on Jesus' picture and it will take you right to it.  Second: I have three weeks before I need to move out of my home and I am really getting stressed out!  It may be a few weeks before I publish again any new cards or devotionals - however; I will try to keep up!

Okay card number one:

This was a sketch challenge, which I absolutely loved!  I used my border die from 'Verve' and then placed a plaid printed pennant on top.  I also used a die cut (small) flourish by 'Cheery Lynn' and paper punched three different flower petals and layered them.  I topped it with a crochet flower, a button and adhesive pearl.  My stamp is from 'Sweet N Sassy'.  Papers are from OTC and Bazzill.  I really love the way the light aqua and peach go together!  Don't you?

Guess I have light aqua on my brain this past week.  This challenge called for us to use a tag.  As you can see, I used a wooden tag (which I picked up from a second hand store - cheap!)  I painted it with white pearled puffy paint and then stamped (HOTP) my sentiment on top.  This card I used a large flourish die in glittery white.  The flower I bought online, but can you believe it?  It is made out of fabric softener sheets!  Another beautiful crochet flower and button, also embroidery thread made the finishing touches to this card.  The marbled bg paper is OTC.

This is my last one for today.  This was for the Tea Potter's challenge.  It was made and sent to a woman who is turning 103 years old!  Just think of the history this woman could tell us!  It told to us, that she use to draw children when she was younger, and of course her name is Rose.  Hence the reason for the digital picture I chose and found online.  It is centered on a die cut oval, laced with pearls and a satin bow.  The bg dp is from OTC and the burgundy is Bazzill.

Well I hope you like these and that they have inspired you to create a card of your own!  Be sure to read my devotional - it really has a golden nugget in it!

God bless always!  Know I read all of your comments and am blessed by all of you!  Jan

No comments: