Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sharing Sunday

A friend of mine sent me this poem and I just fell in love with it.  I want to share it with all my blog friends!!  Enjoy - and have a wonderful Sunday!  God bless!  Jan

Shopping in Heaven


Read this story, and follow the recommendation at the end...

As I was walking down life's highway
Many years ago
I came upon a sign that read
Heavens Grocery Store..

When I got a little closer
The doors swung open wide
And when I came to myself
I was standing inside..

I saw a host of angels.
They were standing everywhere
One handed me a basket
And said 'My Child shop with care..'

Everything a human needed
Was in that grocery store
And what you could not carry
You could come back for more

First I got some Patience.
Love was in that same row.
Further down was Understanding,
You need that everywhere you go..

I got a box or two of Wisdom
And Faith a bag or two.
And Charity of course
I would need some of that too..

I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost
It was all over the place.
And then some Strength
And Courage to help me run this race.
My basket was getting full
But I remembered I needed Grace,

And then I chose Salvation for
Salvation was for Free
I tried to get enough of that to do
For you and me..

Then I started to the counter
To pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything
To do the Masters Will.
As I went up the aisle
I saw Prayer and put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside
I would run into Sin.

Peace and Joy were plentiful,
The last things on the shelf.
Song and Praise Were hanging near
So I just helped myself.

Then I said to The angel
'Now how much do I owe?'
He smiled and said: 'Just take them
everywhere you go.'

Again I asked 'Really now,
How much do I owe?'
'My child' he said, 'God paid your bill
A long long time ago.'

This poem has been sent to you
With love and for Blessings.

Have A Great Day................

No comments: