Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Here we are in September and I can wait ....

till the weather gets cooler and the leaves start turning their beautiful fall hues.  

The month of August was a tough month for me; and I barely got out of it alive.  LOL  The Lord has been good to me; and has sustained me for whatever purpose He has on the agenda for me.  Ever wonder what God is prepping you for?  What life's trials are getting you ready for?  I wondered that last month, I felt the Lord testing me; and I just prayed that I would pass with flying colors.  In reality I think I barely scooted by with a D-minus.  He has taught me to trust Him (which was not an easy feat - I have a hard time trusting people); and I think He wanted me to trust Him even when things were not going so great.  He showed me loving people who's hearts are pure gold, there to help me along that really rough road.  

So in 'Love Worth Finding' by Adrian Rogers;  I received a wonderful devotional thought which I wanted to share with you:


All Things Are Under His Feet
“For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him.” - 1 Corinthians 15:27
God has given us kingdom authority. Jesus said, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19).
When problems get over your head, remember they are under His feet.
You need not be discouraged when troubles strike. It is the pathway your Savior has walked before you. It is the way of the cross, and He has won the victory!
·         Write down the hardest thing you have to deal with today.
·         Now, put that paper on the floor.
·         Look down on it.
Now you have a glimpse of God’s vantage point over the problems in your life.
Remember … “He hath put all things under His feet.”


Puts things in perspective doesn't it?

I do have some cards to share with you today.

This card was for a challenge called 'Featured Stamper'  each week, a person is picked to be a Featured Stamper.  We go looking at her gallery and pick a card to case.  Here I used regular white CS, layered pink CS and embossed it with 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder.  I then chose this lovely rose pattern design paper, satin ribbon and rose stamp, which I colored with color pencils.  I also used a stamp for the sentiment, from Sweet n Sassy.   I love this card and hope you do too!

I chose Amazing Grace hymn, bird stamp which is colored with color pencils (Inkadinkado), went with a Sympathy sentiment (Kaiser Craft), added lace and changed the colors.

This card I cased from another card on SCS.  Carol known as BobbiesGirl, card is below:

 As you can see the similarities between the two cards , you can also see the things I changed from her card while keeping the same outline and layout.  

 This one I called, 'My Weird Card' ... it was for an Inspirational Challenge - and the website where we had to choose was very awkward for me... I just could not pick something - so I went with the majority of the colors this website used.  I used my branch stamp from Sweet n sassy and stamped in gray ink from both sides.  I then used chalk and clouded in the yellow on top and the gray on bottom.  For a spot of color I added my red bird.  The sentiment is a stamp from Inkadinkado.

So I guess I will leave you with this today.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will leave a comment as I always love to hear from you.  May God bless you this week!  Jan

2 comments:

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Jan,
August must have been torture the Christians month. Like you I have stepped out of misery and entered into the Joy of the Lord. Your card s are so sweet. The pink polka dot embossed cardstock is a perfect back drop for your matted image. You are an amazing artist and it is a blessing to see you sweet work,
Carole
PS I hope to see these cards on the Word Art Wednesday Challenge.

Winnie said...

Just beautiful cards! Love the use of the music sheets on them. I love nature stamps for sympathy cards as I find them soothing. I think your "weird" card is soft and elegant. I can't wait for fall, and I know the hubby can't so I will turn on the oven!