Monday, August 12, 2013

It has been awhile ...

I have a few cards to show you today!

This card I made for my lab technician Jo.  She is the only one who gets to stick me with a needle when I go for blood work.   This past month she has had to draw a LOT of blood from me ~ and she gets it out of my hand!  No one and I mean NO ONE touches me in the crook of my arm - not even my purse straps!  So I wanted to thank her for her wonderful talent and patience with such a baby as myself.  The card has a huge 'blood drop' which I printed off the computer, and inside stamped the sentiments:  Each day is a gift (Sweet n Sassy) and Thanks so much (Verve).  I added a silver flourish and hand-made red rose to a black die cut oval (Spellbinders), the background I printed off the Internet and layered it on red card stock from Heritage Pack.  

My next card ...

This is the result of a 'Sketch Challenge'.  I started off with Pink Card Stock from Bazzill,  The middle part of my card, I used a Sage Green Card Stock that I got as a gift from a dear friend, Nancy S.  Layered it with a beautiful floral DP from Judi Lee Design Paper.  The smaller square, I used again the Sage Green, Pink CS and White CS where I ran off the computer the Bible verse, that came from Word Art Wednesday Challenge; Isaiah 25:4.  Then added a paper punched butterfly out of the Sage Green CS added pink gems and a big pink satin bow.  

My next card ...

This card I tried something different.  I really like the way it turned out.  First I used blue chalk and made my cloud background.  I then added my grass stamp from Sweet n Sassy, using Bamboo Leaves Ink.  I then used my flower stamps (both) Sweet n Sassy.  However this time instead of using an ink pad - I used marking pens.  I just love the way they turned out!!  This is a cool way of making your flowers look different on your cards.  The butterflies are stamped with Paris Dusk Ink, (Sweet n Sassy).  I added diamond gems for the body.  Last but not least, I added the sentiment stamp from Inkadinkado - a message that is good throughout the ages and will be forever!  

Are you ready for one more card?

This card was another Word Art Wednesday challenge.  The sentiment is a Bible verse they chose to use for this challenge.  I started with Blue CS, layered with a rich red DP from K & Company (I think)...  which I corner cut.  I added a Die Cut oval (Spellbinders), paper punched flowers, (red centers were bought from a private seller).  Added half a green flourish in the corner.  

I hope you enjoy these.  Maybe they will inspire you to make something today.  When it comes to sharing God's Word - remember no matter how small or how big we do this, nothing is done in vain.  Your heartfelt creations will never go unnoticed by God.  And He will bless you and keep you in His precious care.  

As always - I love to hear from you!
God bless!  Jan

3 comments:

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Jan,
These cards are outstanding, so beautiful, so unique and delicious layouts.
Blessings,
Carole

Winnie said...

Such beautiful cards!Each are so elegantly arranged too. I know she will love hers! I am smiling as I ONLY get my blood taken from my hand too! Great minds think alike! No smacking or poking for me either!

Sherry said...

beautiful cards!!!!!