Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Can you believe August is more than half over?

 Today I read a very interesting devotional.  It stated that a life not lived for Christ is a wasted life.  And it is so true!  Think back before you were saved, what did you do with your time?  I am not proud of it, but I spent it drinking, swearing and only thinking of myself.  I was selfish and full of pride.  I look back on that now; and think - what a wasted life!  What a waste of time!  I thought I was happy - but I wasn't,  I thought I had the world by the tail - but I didn't.  I praise the Lord my God, that I do not have to live that life anymore.  My life has changed from night to day, from darkness to light.  Excuse the cliche' but it is true.

Psalm 44:22 says this, 'For Your sake we are killed all day long.  We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.'  --  I use to read this and think how awful!  There is a better way to look at this.  When we accept Christ we are new creatures in Him.  Our old life is passing away; in other words we are killed all day long - our sins that we are forsaking now, are being killed.  In place we are becoming alive in Christ as we mature in Him.  It is like a cigarette addiction; at first when we stop smoking, it is hard, very hard ... but as time goes by and we refrain from those cigarettes .. it becomes easier and easier.  Till one day, we do not even think about it anymore.  Likewise our life in Jesus becomes easier as we lean on the Holy Spirit's indwelling in us, our faith in Christ Jesus, our daily walk centered on the will of our Heavenly Father. 

So when I read my devotional this morning and read about a revival preacher, named Billy Sunday who preached in the 1920s.  I was elated to know that this statement affected me, as well as the Holy Spirit within me.  Quoting Billy Sunday, "That the deathbed repentance is “burning the candle of life for the devil, and then blowing the smoke in God’s face.”

Folks are you burning the candle of your life for Satan; or are you living for Jesus?   It is never too late to turn to Him.  Turn to Jesus now.  He is always there listening for you.

--  Now I do have some cards I want to share with you today.

The first one is for the Tea Potter's Challenge.  It required using strawberries.  Well I just loved the first one I did, so I made a second one as well.  Both are taken.


The second one is here:

As you can see I used the same Red CS from Heritage Pack.  I used the same strawberry image which I colored with color pencils and for the seeds I used fabric puffy paint.  And I used the same ribbon to make my bows.  The difference, is the sentiments, both are from Sweet n Sassy.  And the DP are a bit different.  Both have polka dots though.  

Speaking of Polka dots, there was another challenge that required the use of dots in our cards.

This was 'Free for All' challenge.  I ran out of 12 x 12 White CS, so used the Black instead by Darcie.  I then used white CS 8 x 11 size and cut it down.  I layered an aqua dot DP and then added a die cut oval (Spellbinders).  I stamped the sentiment which is from Stampabilities, and the Tea cup stamp is from HOTP.  Adding a pearl to the pencil colored image.  

My next card is for Word Art Wednesday challenge.  

I used dark gray CS which was given to me from a new friend, Nancy on SCS.  Such a wonderful lady and so much fun to chat with each week.  I took it and embossed it with my brick embossing folder.  I then used my die cut window (Spellbinders) and backed it up with wood embossing brown CS.  Cut out the window frame inside and ran the bible verse on scrolled velum paper, backed with white CS.  I popped up the shutters so they would looked opened.  I also used paper punched leaves and small flowers are from another wonderful lady who makes these on E-Bay and sells them.  

I have one more that was made for the Sweet n Sassy sketch challenge.  
The keyword here was to use a sunflower on the card.  So I went to my trusty sunflower stamp I have by 'Local King Rubber Stamps'.  I used colored pencils to color it in.  I cut the corners of my white CS with Friskars corner cutters.  The pendant is made of ribbon which has sunflowers / daisies on them.  The Gold and Sage CS again is from my friend Nancy.  The sentiment stamp, you guessed it from 'Sweet n Sassy'.  

I sure hope you enjoyed all these.  As always, love hearing from each one of you.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sweet comments you leave me.  It is so uplifting and comforting!  God bless you all!  Jan

3 comments:

Pam said...

All of your cards are beautiful but, I just love that strawberry card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Your art work is amazing, so pristine and beautiful.
Carole

Winnie said...

Such beauty and peace in your post today. I always love your cards. I am parital to strawberries, and the sunflower one. My sister's fav flower. Her kids tossed some seeds in the front of her house and they are growing crazy right now. Next year she will help them find a spot!