Saturday, July 27, 2013

How long is too long for a Pity Party?

Oh my!  I enjoy your uplifting words so much - and you do make me feel better.  I just wish the circumstances would get better just as easy.  I had me a good cry this morning -- and then started back up on my cards.  The first one, just came to me (gee I wonder why?)  I hope it will give you all a good laugh!

As you can pretty well tell, I started off with black CS from Darcie.  Found this picture on my Print-Master program and could not pass it up!  I computer generated the sentiment in white, 'Okay, This can't be Good'.  Paper punched some leaves and took black marker pen and made dots all around the frame.  This card was for an Inspiration Challenge found on SCS.

This is a bit brighter don't ya think?  I actually had half of this done last week, and came back to it today, adding the sky/clouds.  The butterflies, the diamonds in each heart and body of the butterflies.  The sentiment is from Sweet n Sassy, 'I am the Vine'.   

This card is a combined to suit two challenges today.  One is the sketch challenge, the other is layering.  CS- Black by Darcie, DP, is computer generated and found online.  Two squares cut out in white and red (the red does not show up very well in this picture unfortunately).  I stamped in memento ink- black.  Both stamps are by Sweet n Sassy.  The sentiment reads, 'When life gets too hard to stand, kneel'.  So perfect for my week!  I then edged a little scrap of paper and placed diamonds on it.  to stay tuned into the sketch which called for this little detail.

My last card was to show off 'Summer'.  This will make it way to another Tea Potter from SCS, for the tickle challenge.  This is when we send cards to each other.  Again, I found this online and cropped part of it off.  I then ran it off the computer, took gold glitter and placed in the outside holes.  Then took fawn gems and placed them in the inside holes.  Inside the sun, I stamped the sentiment from (who else) Sweet n Sassy!  It reads, 'Never doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light.'  

Well this is it folks - it is late and I am tired.  I hope you all enjoy my cards - may God bless you always!  Jan

No comments: