Monday, July 8, 2013

Good Evening!

I am sorry I have been missing in action here.  I am having health problems this week to 'gear' through.  I certainly didn't want to get so far behind so I decided to bite the bullet and show off some cards tonight. 

I tried my hand out again on free inking.  This was one of the challenges on SCS.  The challenge was to make a card with your state's flowers / trees.  Well for Arkansas it is 'Apple Blossom Trees'.  I have always called them the Redbuds. And as luck would have it - I had the perfect stamp for this challenge!

I first inked up the clouds with Memento Ink: Summer Sky.  Then stamped my trees, which is from Sweet n' Sassy.  Colored them mauve color, and center in yellow.  I then added pink gems to them.  I also used brown color pencil and marker for the branches.  I then took my silhouette stamps, also from Sweet n' Sassy, and added two black birds.  The sentiment stamp is from?????  You guessed it!  Another wonderful stamp by Sweet n' Sassy.  

This challenge was from a fun bunch of ladies whom I adore!  Tea Potter's challenge.  This week's recipient is going to a lovely lady who is celebrating her 100th birthday!   She is into quilts and sheep - so what I did (since I'm incompetent at sewing); I took 2 different patterns of triangles and arranged them in such a way, to make it look like a quilt.  I then took dotted lines to make 'stitches'.  All in all I think it came out pretty cute.  I added a yellow gingham ribbon and three sheep which I had to also run off the Internet, fussy cut, then go over it in pearl fabric paint and snow pen, for the wool.  There is a lady who sells these, but I had ran out of them and had to do this the hard way.  The H-B-Day stamp is from PSX, which I stamped in Memento Ink: Paris Dusk and centered it on yellow paper which I cut the corners with Friskars corner punch.  

I saw this sentiment in a catalog somewhere, and it made me think of a white box with plenty of color on the outside.  So hence the idea for this card. I cut strips of different 'primary' colors, and layered them starting from the outside working in.  I then ran my computer generated sentiment through PrintMaster program.  Die cut my butterfly and layered diamond gems for the body.  And Ta-Da - a card was born!

I know the 4th of July was last week - but did not want you to think I skipped over this holiday.  This was a fun and somewhat hard card to make, but I muddled through it.  As you can see I layered star patterned DP onto Blue, then added Red on top of that.  I used the Bible verse 2 Chronicles 7:14 and printed that off on the printer.  Cut it in the banner shape.  I also made these stars on PrintMasters and printed them off.  I folded each line so that the star would pop up.  To give it more of a 3-D appearance, I used pop ups underneath as well.  I then added diamond gems to the stars and rubies to the banner.  

This bible verse speaks volumes to us today.  For anyone can see that America is losing a lot Christian liberty and standing in this day and age due to wrong beliefs and abominable laws being voted into our system.  God speaks to us just as much as He spoke to the people in the Old Testament.  'If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.' 2 Chronicles 7:14  We need to pray for our country each day. 

I pray that you all had a wonderful holiday last week.  And I hope you will continue to visit me and leave a comment or two!  Love hearing from all of you.  God bless!  Jan

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Such pretty cards! I love how you can do so many different styles and looks. Love the sky in the first one, so pretty. The adorable sheep one has such a great background. It is quilt like. I did about 3 4th of July cards for family and love how yours turned out. Have a great night!

Emily Thubbron said...

Jan, these cards rock. I love the way they all look different. That quilt back ground is amazing. Now, don't tell me you can't color. Those look fantastic.