Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Where has the time gone???

I have not posted a card in such a long time - so sorry about the delay!  So much has been happening lately.  I got an order to make 20 thank you cards, and that turned out fabulous!  Then I sold a bunch of cards through a lady's Bible Study Group ... so I needed to get busy making more cards.  Especially Birthday ones. 

We also had a horrible storm tearing through here.  It was the aftermath of that horrible tornado that tore through Oklahoma City.  Please keep them in your prayers so many homes destroyed and lives lost.  The aftermath tore a couple of shingles off my roof and so I was blessed to have a guy from church come out and fix it for me.  Another guy from church supplied me with the shingles.  I was very blessed.  I made a couple of Thank You cards myself to send to them and their families.


Here I used tan CS, the DP came from Linen Closet Mat-stock.  I die cut the window from Spellbinders, and backed it up with yellow CS.  The outside of the window, I used chalk to form white clouds and placed a die cut pine tree out there.  Inside I placed my black kitty.  What is a window without a kitty looking out of it?  The sentiment reads, 'His mercies are new Every Morning'.  This stamp is from Sweet n Sassy.  If you are interested in buying this set here is a link to it:  The Set is, 'Be Encouraged' There are 13 stamps in this set.
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/be-encouraged-clear-stamp-set/


This card I did for my Tea Potter's challenge.  It called for a 'Victorian' themed card. My favorite ones to do!  And I have to say I really like the way this one turned out.  I started with a Purple CS, and striped DP.  I added lace that I bought from a flea market.  My die cut oval is Spellbinders, which is laced in pearls adhesives.  I then ran off my digi stamp and die cut the oval around it.  Colored it with color pencils (Watercolor) and Make up!  I pieced the white band into her hat, added fuzzy thread and a white rose.  

This is another favorite of mine.  I found this fantastic video on how to make a rose!  It was so easy and turned out so pretty!  This one, I made out of red CS the same CS as I used for the card itself, adding black ink to the tips.  The DP is from Hobby Lobby (single sheet).  The scallop black oval was a gift from my friend Emily.  Who also has so many beautiful cards - and some for sale on her blog.  If you are interested in seeing it here is her link: 
http://emsmanythoughts.blogspot.com/

Then I have the die cut label which I bought from a private seller.  My sentiment is from Sweet n Sassy (can you tell I love her stamps?)  Which reads, 'Your kindness was such a blessing.'

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/kindness-clear-stamp-set/
 
 This set also comes with flower stamps which comes with a die cut (sold separately) here is the link to that:
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/kindness-flower-die-set/

I will show you a card with those flowers next.  

Here are the die cut with the stamps on them from the mentioned Kindness set, from Sweet n Sassy.  I took these flowers and added centers to them and a pearl.  I die cut the oval from Spellbinder and stamped the sentiment: by Verve.   Another wonderful sight for stamps, I especially love their 'Plain Janes' is what they call their stamps that have Scripture on them.  

Well that is about it for today.  I pray that each one of you are well and doing good this week.  The Lord has taught me a wonderful lesson this week.  I call it 'Let Go and Let God' - yes I know that is a famous clique, however it came to life for me this week.  There are times when you cannot do anything about a situation, and when you have done everything you know in your power to restore peace, and can't.  Then God says, Let go and let Me handle it.  This brings a well known verses to mind, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'. 

And one more Scripture comes to mind: 'Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you.  He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.'  Psalm 55:22  ~ I hope your burden are light this week as you lay them down before our Lord Jesus Christ.  He is ready and able to take care of what we can't.

God bless!
Jan

3 comments:

Winnie said...

It was a bear of a day today, so visiting your blog and seeing your lovely cards and the scripture really made me feel better. Sometimes you just need to settle down and be in the moment.

scrappingnana said...

This is so pretty. Love the colors. Saw your cards and link to your blog on SCS. Love your scripture postings. Have a Blessed weekend,
JoAnn

Jennifer said...

Beautiful creations! I always thank the Lord for bringing me to those days/ those moments that make me stop and consider Him and things eternal!