Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday's Wonderment

Good Morning Everyone!

Today's Scripture comes from Luke.  Luke 13:1-5, "There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.  And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?  I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.  Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?  I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

 I think sometimes people get the wrong idea about living the Christian life.  They think that if they have repented, and accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior, life will be perfect.  They sometimes think that nothing bad will happen to them or loved ones.  --  Then when something horrible happens, like a death in the family, a divorce, financial or health problems arise; they think to themselves, 'What did I do to deserve this?'  'I must have sinned terribly to have this done to me!'  

Today's passages tell us differently.  Jesus was talking to his disciples here, asking them, 'Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?'   --  Again He asked them, 'Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? What was Jesus' answer to these two questions?  It was "No".  Plus He gave us instructions on how to live our lives.  We are to repent (that means to change, to believe differently accordingly to God's Word; to 'die' to the old nature, and live with the 'new nature' of Christ Jesus in us).  Jesus went on to say, we will perish likewise if we do not repent.  Did you noticed the word, 'likewise'?  Just like the unbeliever will die, so will the believer; but unlike the unbeliever we will not perish and go to hell, but live eternally in heaven with our Heavenly Father.  

So when bad things happen to you ... don't think it is because you have done something terribly wrong, or did a worse sin than another.  The rain falls on the righteous as well as the unrighteous.  Give your burdens to the Lord; He will help you stand.  

---

I have a couple of cards I have to show you today.

The Tea Potter's group challenge this week was a plunge into summer!  I came up with a beach theme as you can see.  I started with a bluish turquoise card stock, lined it with tan cs from Heritage.  Taking my white Card Stock I inked on some clouds with Memento Ink: Bahama Blue.  I then added DP that looked like water.  For the sand I tore two pieces of the tan card stock, and popped it up to put the umbrella 'into the sand'.  The umbrella, bucket and shovel; plus the sun were images that I fussy cut and used popped up to make them appear 3-D.  My sentiment stamp - is from Verve.  

My second card today is:

The batteries in my camera died on me yesterday.  And I had not realized how crooked my oval was on my card.  Rest assured, I did fix it on the original and it is centered now, but I cannot take a picture of it today, till I get more batteries.  This card was for a color challenge.  The three colors we were to use:  Light Aqua, Golden yellow, and Light gray. I usually do not use these colors together, so had a hard time coming up with a card for this challenge.  But here it is!  The oval is die cut from Spellbinders, the flowers are paper punched from Paper Studios punches.  I ran a digi image from DragonFly Laser, and then colored it with markers and color pencils.  I also placed a black gem on the bird's eye.  Then added a bow from a silver satin ribbon.  The inside of the flowers, I placed diamond gems to give it a bit of sparkle.

I hope you enjoyed this post today.  As always, love to hear from you.
God bless you this week!  Jan

1 comment:

Emily Thubbron said...

Thank you for the Bible lesson today. I love that you post these. Your cards are phenomenal. I love them. :) <3 U