Friday, June 21, 2013

Thank Goodness For Fridays!

I have several things I would like to say this morning.  One, is to share the Word of God with you.  The other are cards I made. 

The Lord has laid on my heart this morning three verses from the Bible - oddly enough, they're all in the Book of Matthew. 

The first one is Matthew 7:13-14, '“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate  broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.'
 It seems to me that no matter who I talk to, or listen to, every Christian knows of someone close to them that is an unbeliever.  Many of us pray in earnest to God for the salvation of those whom we love and are concerned about.  The above verse tells us that the narrow gate is difficult, and very few find it - whereas those who are lost are on the wide road to destruction.  Does this mean that our loved ones are going to be lost forever?  That we should stop praying for them?  No!  Absolutely not!  I urge you to keep on praying for those lost ones --- for who knows, maybe someday they will come to believe in the Lord; and accept Jesus for their salvation.

The second bible verse is Matthew 10:35-37, 'Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
 This verse is like the first, we find there is division in each household, between believers and non-believers.  This is not a 'new' thing in this world.  Jesus taught this hundreds of years ago!  Although I believe we see it more today than ever before - we must continue to pray, for those who are lost.  Moving on to one more verse in Matthew.

The third verse is Matthew 24:40-42, 'Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.  Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.'
 This I believe speaks of the 'Rapture' while the word, Rapture is not in the Bible, it means 'Caught up' which is what this verse speaks about.  Folks - the time is nearer now than it ever has been!  I feel that we are certainly living in the last days:  We are told to watch.  That means to keep serving the Lord, keep the faith, keep doing all that we can to win our loved ones to Christ.  God is a long-suffering God;  He is patience, and He is loving -- but there is going to come a day, an hour when he is going to say, 'Enough!'  He will then sound the trumpet and those who are believers will meet Christ in the air and so shall be with him forevermore.  (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).  

So - continue to pray for those lost loved ones.  Continue to run your race with all you have.  i know we grow weary, we get tired - The Lord will reward you, bless you, and keep you in His loving care.  Shine on!  God bless! And Amen (Let it be so!)

-----

I hope you are ready to see some cards!  I have several to share with you today.  My first two, are 'Baby Cards'.  I used my new stamp set by Sweet n Sassy.  



I used the same stamps and layout - one for boy and one for girl.  This stamp set comes with many different stamps for 'Welcoming a Little One', I chose these this time.  As you can see I used beautiful DP, (Blue is from Hobby Lobby - single sheet); and the pink is from Judi Lee Design: Divine.  Precious little flowers, I got from a sweet lady who makes these and sells them.   I placed diamonds on the blue flowers and pink gems on the pink one.  Those gorgeous die cut ovals are from Spellbinders, as well as the regular white ovals.  My choice for ink was taught to me by a dear friend, Emily -- Memento Ink (is a fabulous ink to use on cards!).  I used Bahama Blue and Rose Bud.  Ribbons were turned into bows and attached.  

This next card was for a Color Challenge, which you can participate in on SCS.  The colors this week was green, purple and blue.  Astonishing how well they look together isn't it?  I bordered each rectangle with ivory CS, cut my beautiful oval with the same CS.  If you saw my last blog, you can see the flowers that I have learned to make.  The stamped sentiment is from, who else? But Sweet n Sassy!

This is a personal favorite of mine.  It was the first time I attempted to do a whole page by ink.  I have to say it didn't turn out bad.  What do you think?  I used Memento Ink:  Summer Sky to make the clouds; Bamboo Leaves on the trees and part of the ground, then I mixed Rich Cocoa into the ground as well.  Black for the birds.  I also used a brown color pencil to color in the trunks of the trees.  The stamps I used:  Birds and sentiment:  Sweet n Sassy.  The trees: Rubber Stampede.  

Well I hope you enjoyed today's blog, as you well know, I love hearing from all of you.  If you know of someone who would enjoy this, please invite them and ask them to join me!  The more the merrier!  God bless each one of you!  Keep the faith!  Jan

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful encouragement from God's Word! Love also the wonderful array of cards that you've created! I'm sure they are a treasure for you to be able to share!

Jan Leslie said...

I hope you were greatly encouraged and blessed by God's Word! Thank you so much for the sweet comments you posted! They are so uplifting to me.

Emily Thubbron said...

Jan, I love that scenic card. You did a wonderful job with the clouds and the ground. The baby cards are cute too. Thank you for the wonderful Bible lesson too.