Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Musings

Good Morning Everyone!

I have a question for you.  Are you planting, watering or giving increase in your life?  This morning's passage is 1 Corinthians 3:6, 'I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.'  This passage really spoke to me this morning; and for those of us who make Christian cards and sell them (or give them out to someone).  We can take this Bible verse to heart.
1.  When we created our cards with Scriptures; we are planting.
2.  Those who buy our cards; and then gives them out to someone else: Waters.
3.  And finally; whether this person is encouraged, uplifted, or made happy simply for receving this card:  is the result of God's increase.

So again I ask you.  Are you planting, watering or giving increase with the gift God has given you?  

I do have a couple of cards I can share with you this morning.

This card was the made for the 'Inspirational' challenge on Splitcoaststampers (SCS).  The inspiration I used was from this photo (pillow below):

For this challenge as you can see (above picture) I used my butterfly stamp from Sweet n Sassy, colored in the butterflies to reflect this pillow.  This was an easy card to make and I know you can do it, if you put your mind to it.  Take the challenge, stamp on some butterflies and color them orange!

 
This card was a challenge where one person on SCS has been chosen to be the 'Featured Stamper'.  The challenge then is for us to go to this person's gallery, choose one card to case (copy).  Your case must have at least 2 things different from the original card.  I started off with a beautiful red CS, from Heritage Pack, layered it in two different DP.  One from Authentique, and the other was from a private seller.  I die cut the fancy oval with Spellbinder.  Popped up the die cut coffee cup, added the blue flowers and pearls and twine bow.  The sentiment I generated from my computer which reads, 'I put instant coffee in the microwave and almost went back in time.'  Is that cute or what?

Well as always, I value your comments.  Thanks for stopping by. May God bless you this week!  Jan

3 comments:

Winnie said...

Your challenge card is so pretty! The pillow gave you such inspiration for sure! Enjoyed reading your post! Your second card is so adorable, and that sentiment had me chuckling....

Jan Leslie said...

So glad you stopped by! Love reading your comments - they are always so sweet and uplifting. Thanks so much!

Emily Thubbron said...

Love these cards. That pillow is beautiful. I wouldn't mind having one of those. I love that sentiment for the coffee card. Fantastic.