Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hello Everyone!

It has been a long time since I have posted on my blog - and I am sorry for the delay.  Hopefully I can make it up to you today.  I have several cards to share with you.  My first card you see was for a Featured Stamper on SCS. 


 I love the background DP, with the turquoise and the tans together.  Look so soft and subtle.  I used several paper punches to make this layered flower.  I added gold self-adhesive gems to the center.  Die cut the flourish in brown (Sizzix); and my sentiment is stamped by Sweet n Sassy stamps.  

For my next card:

This card I believe is just as sweet as the sweet girl whom I made it for.  She turned 11 years old; already in her pre-teen years.  Such a talented girl too!  This was Sweet n Sassy sketch challenge this past week.  I changed a few things from the layout.  I first chose this sweet pink because it is Kierstynne's favorite color.  Added the soft roses DP.  The blue label, I cut with a Fiskars edger, and lined it in pink diamond gems, also stamped with Stampin' Up.  I then took a die cut and cut the ovals, stamped the white with floral which i colored.  Die cut the butterfly and added more pink gems to that.  All in all, I think it turned out just right for an 11 years old sweet and talented girl.



You must be thinking; 'What on earth is that!?'  It is a purse, and it was also for a challenge on SCS.  I took a clip art picture and ran two copies off on my printer.  I then cut them out and used them as a template.  I cut out two different DP, I felt went good together, and pasted them on a 6" x 6" ivory colored CS.  Then cut out around the templates.  This way it opens up as a card does.  I did not have leather like I wish I had, but did have some brownish-bronze ribbon, I felt would do the trick for the handle.  I glued those on and paper punched a small flower to cover the edges that are glued on.  I used another Paper puncher to make the flower on the 'faux flap' of the purse, found an 45 years old sweater button, glued that on and added a pearl to the top of that.  And viola - my purse was created. 


I have a couple more and hope you have time for them! 


I just love the dainty of this card!  I am one of those who swoons over lace, pearls and roses.  For this one, I used a soft DP of roses glued to solid pink CS.  I added a bit of lace (a fantastic gift from my friend Emily - Thank you so much!)  Added a pink ribbon, placed pink pearls on that.  I then die cut my circle and stamped my sentiment on it.  The sentiment is from Verve.  To top it all off  I added a satin pink bow.  --  This verse speaks volumes and it is always a good thing to read Bible verses and soak it into our hearts and minds.  This one is from Jeremiah 33:3.  



This one took me just about all day to do!  But I just love the way it turned out.  I took a sketch from the Internet, and colored it with chalk, color pencils and .....  Believe it or not; makeup!  You read that right, I used makeup on her face!  I had some of these die cut corners sitting around and saw this was the perfect thing I needed for that blank corner.  I adorned it with rubies, but my camera was giving me fits today and would not capture the rich color of the red in them.  I so wanted it to - as rubies are mentioned in the Bible verse selected this week. The sentiment is from WAW79 challenge.   I used black CS and dotted DP, from the 'The Basics'.  I sure hope you have enjoyed these.  And if you have; please leave a comment or two.

God bless!
Jan











3 comments:

Winnie said...

Such lovely pieces. I have never heard of using makeup on a card, but she is so pretty, and it worked fabulous.

Jennifer said...

All of these are just gorgeous! You have such a wonderful talent for detail! Wonderful choices of papers and images to!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

All the cards are very nice and all very different...it was worth the absence
bibiana