Monday, May 20, 2013

Good Morning Everyone!

I have some cards to share with you this morning -- as well as a devotional.  I read this devotional this morning and it really hit home on a lot of levels.  The bottom line is God does not wish for anyone to be lost for all eternity.

Have you ever noticed those that aren't saved; seem to live such long lives; while others who belong to Christ sometimes die early in life?  I believe it is because God is long-suffering not willing that any should perish.  2 Peter 3:9, tells exactly this:, “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”

This morning I read a devotional by Adrian Rogers: a wonderful pastor who has now gone on to be with the Lord.  Here is this morning's devotional:

Suppose you were deathly sick and the only cure was a very rare and costly medicine. Yet you had no money.

Your doctor leaves and is gone for several days. When he comes back, there are dark circles under his eyes, his hands are trembling, and his clothing is torn and blood-stained.

The doctor holds out a vial of the medicine. “I went to secure this medicine for you. I withdrew my life savings. In my hurry, I wrecked my automobile. The blood on my shirt is that of my only son who was with me and was killed in the accident. Here is the cure. Take it, and you’ll live.”

Suppose you took that medicine, dashed it on the floor, and said, “Doctor, if I die, it will be your fault.”

ACTION POINT:
This is exactly what God has done for mankind. God offered His Son so that no one has to be lost. But we must accept His gift. Have you accepted it?
 
It is something to think about as we go about our daily lives, meeting and talking to people.



Okay!  My cards today were of course, part of a challenge I participate in through SCS.


 This card is casing another member's card, this is where you duplicate another card, but make at least two changes to it.   I used trimmed lace to make this flower and then placed a medium size pearl in the middle.  I had to glue this to a scallop circle (beneath where you cannot see it).  I then placed it on a label tag which is die cut.  I ran the top DP through an EF called Swiss Dots.  The DP both top and bottom is by Judi Lee's Designs.  The tag was given to me by a friend and stamped with Sweet n Sassy sentiment.  I placed a pink ribbon to separate the two DP.  


For one more:

But Jesus said, 'Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me:  for of such is the kingdom of heaven.'  Matthew 19:14.  This card was made for a wonderful lady named Jessica who goes into many other nations helping the under-privileged children to Christ. She is back home on US soil, and is need of a time of refreshing.  Our cards (in the Tea Potter's Group) are to help her through this time. 

For my CS, I used the Heritage Pack - I absolutely love this CS!  Especially these rich bold colors.  The DP is from a private seller (which I bought a bunch of 6 x 6 from).  The lime green DP is from Paper Studios.  I ran the digi image off on WM CS, and colored it with colored pencils and make-up!  I then stamped John 14:27 onto the CS.  I took a blue flourish and cut it in half, then adorned it with paper punched flowers.  Lastly I paper punched a butterfly, adorned it with diamond gems, along with the collars of the children's clothes.  

I hope you enjoyed looking at these - as usual, your comments always mean so much to me, and I love hearing from you.  God bless you  this week!  Jan

No comments: