Thursday, May 16, 2013

Good Morning Everyone!

Today I have more cards to share with you.  My first one, I called it, 'Musical and Notes'.  It is done in Hunter Green (one of my favorite colors).  I think I like this green because it is so soothing to the hurts.

This card was a challenge from a Sketch.  I just love the way this turned out.  I used DP from Paper Studio 'Faith', then I cut out DP from 7gypies and the musical DP is from HL.  I lined those in a dark tan CS.  I then chose a die cut flourish from Sizzix, and made a dark hunter green flower, which is paper punched and layered and twilled rose in the middle.   I think it has a hint of vintage to it, don't you?

My next card is:


This one is called, 'Blue Blossoms'.  It again was another sketch challenge through Sweet n Sassy website.  I love these colors together, they are so bold and pretty I think.  The CS is from PS that I purchase at Hobby Lobby.  The DP is bought from a private seller, and do not know exactly who prints it.  I then took my 'Cherry Blossom' stamp and traced it in brown marker and color pencils.  I added tiny little blue blossoms that I bought from a sweet lady on E-bay.   If you are interested in seeing what she sells here is the link to her store.  She has so many pretty die cuts she sells.  

After all of that, I then stamped my card with a sentiment, that came with this sweet stamp set.  If you are interested in buying this stamp set, it is sold by Sweet n Sassy, and here is the link to this set


Do you have time for one more?  I hope you do ...  for my next card, I would like to show you: 'A Night of Fine Dining'.  


This was made for such a fun group of gals.  We call ourselves the 'Tea Potters"  A challenge that comes up on Tea Potter's Tuesday Challenge.   Every week there is a story we are told, and if we like to donate our cards to someone who needs uplifting, we are able to do that on this challenge.  This week called for some food, wine and hospitality.  A hint of romance brings us our imaginary extra cookies!  So as you can see by my card, I chose to bring fine dining to the rescue!  I started off with black CS, burgundy ribbon with gold elements in it, for the table runner.  I then place sheet music (what a fine dinner without being serenaded? You will have to imagine the violins playing.)  A gold plate, burgundy (which is a die cut from Spellbinders), for the salad plate.  I then used DP to make the napkin, which I gently glued in the silverware (which I found online and fussy cut).  I then added my special gold bow to finish it off.  Computer generated sentiment, I ran off the printer and glued on. 


AN ANNOUNCEMENT:
I sure hope you enjoyed looking at these as much as I enjoyed showing them to you.  As many of you probably can tell I have been slacking off in the devotional dept.  Unfortunately, I have not heard back from anyone on those - and will be closing that page down.  However, from time to time - I will talk about our sweet Lord and Savior here on this page.  So come back often!  Leave a few comments .. as I always always love to hear from you!  If you know of anyone who would love to join my blog site - please invite them and tell them to join, I would love to have them. 

God bless you this week as you go about your busy lives and keep you in His loving care.
Jan


2 comments:

Winnie said...

Such lovely cards! Each has its own feel to it, and love how different they are. I love the color combo of the second one! The third one is just so elegant. I love the place setting! Enjoy the weekend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty set of cards. Love the beautiful image you used. The cherry blossom branch looks great.