Saturday, April 6, 2013

Good Morning!

This past week, I have made cards for challenges that I participate in.  One of the cards I made this week is a 'Sketch' challenge through SNS.


I called this one, 'Old Fashion Horse'.  It was a challenge for me, but I just love the way this turned out.  I started with Black CS, layered with black and tan checkered DP, layered again with black CS and Tan CS.  This challenge called for triangles, which I cut from an old fashion paper bag, layered that also with black CS.  In the center I had a die cut fancy oval, and die cut plan oval.  Which I stamped (By PSX) the rocking horse on.  Then added antique old and black gems to the card.

For my second card today, is 'Guardian Angel'.  This challenge came from 'Word Art Wednesday'.

 
I wish the picture had turned out better - it was cloudy all week long and my pictures just do not do justice on cloudy days.  I started off with hunter green CS, layered with green DP by 7gypies, layered then with tan CS, which I ran through the printer for the sentiment.  The sentiment is what Word Art Wednesday chose for this week.  However, I had to type it myself in a different font to make it work for my card.  I also found the image on my PrintMaster program.  I ran the image again and cut it out and used pop ups to give it a 3-D look.  

Now as usual I love to hear from each one of you ... please join my blog site if you have not done that already.  And I pray that each one of you have a blessed week! 
Jan

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Such lovely cards Jan! I love the vintage look of the first one (adorable rocking horse image!). Your guardian angel card is beautiful. Have a great weekend! We finally got sun and some warm weather, I am off to play in the garden!

Em's Thoughts said...

Jan, Jan, Jan...your cards totally rock. I love the vintage feel of the first one. That angel on the second is beautiful. TFS these lovely pieces of art with us.