Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23, 2013

Hi Everyone!

I normally do not post during the week, or more than once a week -- but thought I would today as I have some things to share with you. As you already know, Mother's Day is just around the corner (2 more weeks).  I just made a bunch of Mother's Day cards (pretty much using the same layout) .. and I thought I would share it with you. 








I made 17 cards in all and placed them at two locations to be sold.  The biggest thing about these cards was the label for 'Mother's' Stamp.  I did not have this shape, so I die cut this with a scallop die and then cut three edges off, and it worked out really nicely I think.   You will all have to comment and tell me what you think.  The rest is pretty simple: CS, DP, paper punched flowers and leaves, placed a gem or pearl in center.  

Next I want to share something I read this morning, I found to be very interesting.  The Scripture for this nugget (is what I like to call them), little bits of wisdom fallen down from the Father to his children.  Paints a nice picture doesn't it?  Anyway ... today's Scripture comes from Mark 10:25, “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

Here in America, one might get the picture of an actual needle, the eye being the hole in which we thread through.  Granted trying to push a camel through that, would be impossible.  Actually Jesus was talking about a door to the city which was called, 'The Eye of the Needle'.  I looked it up and found a picture of one such door:  Here it is:


You can see how tall the camel is compared to the door.  To finish this, I am going to cut and paste a devotional from, 'Love Worth Finding' by Adrian Rogers, a well known and loved pastor who has since gone on to be with the Lord.  These are his words:

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Around the walls of Jerusalem and other Bible-era cities, they had little low gates to keep people from riding through the streets of the city at night. A man could get through, but the animals couldn’t. These little gates were called “The Eye of a Needle.”

Now, a camel could possibly have gotten through one of these gates, but it would have been next to impossible. He would have had to get down on his knees and have his entire load taken off his back.

ACTION POINT:
The reason it’s so difficult for a rich man to get to heaven is that he, along with us all, has to get down low (humble himself) like that camel and get that burden off his back. Trusting in Christ alone is the only way. 


So as you can see; Jesus was not saying a rich man could not get into heaven.  No.  He was saying only if he humbled himself.  In order to do this, he would have to be humble and place God and others first, before himself.  Just as the poor, and the middle class people do.  

Thought this was a neat thing to share.
I pray each one of you are having a wonderful week!
God bless!
Jan
 


2 comments:

Winnie said...

Lovely Mother's Day cards! I am sure they will be hits! Thanks for sharing the photo with the scripture, as I have heard it said many times but never saw the doorway.

Emily Thubbron said...

Jan, these Mother's Day cards are beautiful. I love them.

Thanks for the lesson. I never knew that the door was called the "Eye of the Needle" I always pictured an actual sewing needle. Learn something new every day.