Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013

Where have I been?  The days just fly right pass me and before I know it, it is time to post another card.  This week I chose the following card, to showcase to you.  It was a challenge, from the SCS.  Inspirational Challenge which we were to pick from Decoylab website. 

 
Most of the things on Decoylab is wooden, so that is what my inspiration for wood came from  I started with your standard CS, added embossed brown paper to look like wood.  I also die cut my butterflies in this embossed paper.  I then added a cream colored die cut oval, and a smaller oval in green DP.  I had a half of a golden flourish which I place in the bottom left corner and added a brown bow to the top.  Not to forget to glamorize my butterflies, I added diamond blings. 
 
For one more, I was to make a masculine card for a challenge on Sweet V's Idea blog site.  I chose to go nautical with mine.
 
 
 
I had DP that was a map, and cut it down to size.  I then took it and burnt the edges of the corners and distressed it.  I wanted it to look old and vintage.  I then had a digi of the ship which I colored in pencils and cut out, placed it with pop ups.  I then stamped my sentiments on die cut clouds and placed them on with pop up as well.  The sentiments came from 'Sweet n Sassy' which I absolutely love their stamps and die cuts! 
 
As always, I appreciate your comments. 
I hope you have a blessed week - God bless!
Jan
 


4 comments:

Em's Thoughts said...

Jan, your cards are amazingly beautiful. You are so very talented. Thanks for sharing these wonderful cards with us.

Jan Leslie said...

Thank you so much Emily! Your comments always lift me up. God Bless! Jan

Winnie said...

Such lovely cards. I never thought to burn the paper to distress it, very clever idea!

Em's Thoughts said...

Congrats Jan on winning with this card. Did you know? On Word Art Wednesday. YIPPEE!! I'm proud of you girl.