Saturday, March 23, 2013

It is almost Easter!  I am sure all of you have plans for this special holiday.  But aside from the Easter egg hunts, the candy, and the big family celebrations ... there is a much excellent reason to celebrate.  It is the day of the Savior's resurrection!  Without Jesus dying for our sins (revere Good Friday), and celebrating his resurrection (Easter Morning) .. we would have no way of gaining salvation.  It is only through God's Son that we are able to receive this awesome gift!  So I hope you are not sick of looking at Easter cards --- as I do have more to share with you.

 
This was such a simple card, yet I just love the way it turned out.  I hope you do too!
I started off with just your plain old white card stock, the blue polka dots DP, Swiss Dot embossed, checkered ribbon, (which I got at the second hand store- a great place to find things for creating your cards!) My friend Emily sent me the scalloped squares, I ran the image onto one of them.  Then to top it off I place a bow.  I love the homely feel of this card, don't you? 
 
 
My next card is not an Easter one.  It is from a challenge I participated in on SCS.  Called 'Ways to Use It', and this week it called for a 'Girly' card.  This is what I came up with. 
 
 
 
I surprised myself on this one... every once in awhile I create something I actually love.  This is it.  I love the vintage feel of this card.  I started off with CS in a brownish rust color, used a DP from Mirabelle Card stock, I then added lace that my friend Emily sent to me.  The Die cut oval I ran through the printer to get the image on it.  Covered that in pearls.  I made the rose with layers of flowers and a rose quill.  Added paper punched leaves and a bow. 
 
As always - I love to hear from you all.  If you are new, please consider joining my blog I would love to get to know you.  May you all have a wonderful week and a safe Easter!  God bless!
 

 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Gemiel said...

Two more beautiful Easter cards! Love how you added the pearls to the die cut oval. It looks so elegant and frames the vintage image perfectly. Blessings!

Winnie said...

Such lovely cards. You are good, I haven't done one Easter card yet. Hope to start tonight after dinner! I also love your vintage lady! She is pretty and love the colors and feel of it. Have a blessed week ahead!

Em's Thoughts said...

Girl, you rock these cards. I love it. I love how you ran the die cut oval through the printer. I never thought of doing that..hehe You're so nifty.