Saturday, February 2, 2013


It's the month of Valentines!  It just so happens that my step-mother, RuthAnn has her birthday on Valentine's Day.  She loves pink and pastel colors, so this year, I have made her card and a coffee cup filled with flavored coffee and goodies! 



I can't wait to give this to her!  I used pink card stock, layered with dark pink polka dots design paper, topped with more pink card stock.  (Bet you knew that didn't ya?)  I stamped 'Happy Birthday' with 'Verve' stamp, punched out gold hearts and popped them up, then I adorned this card with a glittery gold flourish, and made the two roses, which I placed pearls inside.  I then added pink gems to the card. 
 
The coffee cup, as you can see I used the pink polka dots around the cup and inside each dot, I placed a pink gem in it.  This set is girly, frilly and sweet, just like RuthAnn!  Now if I can just get this packaged up without ruining it.......... 
 
 
For my second feature today ... is a card that I entered into two challenges this week.  One being the Bible Verse Challenge on SCS, and the other is the Word Art Wednesday's challenge, you can visit WAW website by clicking on the badge on the right hand of my page. 
 
 
 
The verse reads: 
 
 
I just love the look on this lion's face, like he is praying to God.  It is just so precious, like my little kitty, Precious (in the header).  I placed an embossed gold card stock, from 'Paper Studio; Pearlized Card Stock' behind the front layer.  I stamped the cross with 'Verve' stamp and placed a ruby in the center.  I then I place diamond gems to make it look like rays from heaven shining down. 
 
Isn't this Bible verse uplifting?  No weapon, no false word shall prosper against those who belong and live for the Lord.  This is a promise from the Almighty, tuck it in your heart and believe in it.
 
God bless always! Leave a comment or two; I love to hear from all of you!
Jan
 


2 comments:

Winnie said...

Your mother in law will love her gift and matching card. So pretty and the mug holding the goodies is also so special. Your lion piece is beautiful. What a great image to use with that scripture. The cross is so pretty and unusual in shape that it caught my eye right off.

Em's Thoughts said...

Jan, I love that card and tea cup. Can you please teach me to make them.