Saturday, February 23, 2013

Good Morning Everyone!

What a week!  Today I have a couple of more cards to share with you.  The first one, was for a challenge with the Tea Potter's on SCS website.  This past week it called for flowers and a kitty.  What can I say?  But that was right up my alley!  So for starters; I began with cream colored card stock, layered with a DP, from K & Company.  As you can see:

I added quite a few frills to my card.  Starting with a die cut doily, with added die cut leaves.  The leaves are from Cheery Lynn's Die cut.  I then die cut different colors for the small roses.  This die cut is from Sizzix.  Now mind you .. I am still in the 'learning' process of making these roses, and have not mastered it completely.  But I was fairly satisfied with these.  I added pearls to the centers.  After this I stamped my image of kitty in the corner.  This stamp is from Inkadinkado.  Then stamped my sentiments, which came from Sweet n Sassy. 

Now for my next card.  I made this card for another challenge on SCS.  This one is for the 'Sketch Challenge'.  They give you a outline of how to arrange things on your card.  Here is the sketch they gave us this past week. 

 

And here is my take on this challenge:

 


As you can see I followed the pattern SCS gave us.  I used blue for the frames of each piece.  The notes that I stamped come from Hero's Art stamps.  Added the sentiment by printer.  I also placed three black gems, a green twine bow, with a bit of scrap material I had.  Well that is it folks!  As always I love hearing from each and every one of you.  Please tell me what you think of my card.  Oh! And do not forget to read this week's devotional, just click on the tulips to the left and it will take you there.  God bless and have a wonderful week! 

4 comments:

Amy V. said...

I think you did a lovely job with your roses! And I love the hymn you chose for your second card with its pretty music theme. Beautiful projects!

Winnie said...

Such beautiful cards! Love your floral sprays that you make and that adorable kitty is precious. The way you used the music and the bird in the second one is so lovely.

Em's Thoughts said...

Holy Cow!! This card is uber fantastic. I love it. You did a fantastic job. I love the flower arrangement. You rock!

Jennifer said...

These cards are both so beautiful! Love the rolled flowers and the music!