Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  Been a long while hasn't it? 

Today I have a new card to share with you, one that I cased (means I made one like someones card)  The rule is to change at least 2 things from the card you case.  This is my card that I made.

I also use this same card for another challenge, on Shopping Our Stash.  The challenge was to use your oldest ribbon.  This was my oldest ribbon and the least used ribbon, I might add.  It is a bit hard to work with, as it has beads on each side and it is so wide. 



And this is the card I cased:

  
Her user name on Splitcoaststampers, is Card Crazy.  I just thought this was one of the most beautiful cards I have come across.  I certainly changed a lot from hers to mine, and I do not think my card brings hers justice.  But I had to try.
 
As you can see I changed quite a few things on my card that I cased. 
 
1)  I changed the colors
2)  I used two different color ribbon
3)  I did not use heart pop ups in the middle, but used a pop up butterfly in the corner.
 
It was a real privilege to be able to case this card ...  don't be afraid to try new things.  Venture out and explore and create!  Go outside the box, try new ideas.  You might be surprised with what you create!
 
As always, please leave a comment.  If you have not joined my blog, I welcome you to do so. 
I have a weekly devotional too, so be sure to check that out as well!
God bless always!  Jan
 
 

6 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful, Jan. Thanks so much for posting my card on your blog.

Jan Leslie said...

Welcome Denise! I am so glad you joined my blog site. Hope to see you here often. God bless! Jan

Amy V. said...

Beautiful! Love the music motif! The ribbon is beautiful, too. I think you CASEd this one very nicely!

Winnie said...

So beautiful Jan. I love the color combo and the layout. Your ribbon treatment is so perfect!

Gemiel said...

Jan, your card is beautiful!! Love your colors. You did an awesome job CASEing the original.

Jan Leslie said...

Thank you so much everyone for posting your comment on my blog. It means so much to me and I am so blessed by it. I hope you come back and see me frequently! God bless! Jan