Monday, January 14, 2013

Good Morning Everyone!  I am finally feeling human again after my surgery and blood transfusion last week.  Whew - glad to be done with that!  I got a beautiful orchid from the Pastor and congregation and just had to share it with you.  Isn't God's handiwork amazing?
 
 
 
I haven't really worked on my crafts this past week, so I am thinking of combining my devotional with my craft post this week.  A verse in the Psalm speaks to me this morning, it is Psalm 98:8, 'Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the hills be joyful together before the Lord'.  Even though the world is sin filled; the creations of God still rejoice and shout out His majesty.  What a vivid picture the Psalmist wrote, the rivers clap their hands .. think about it.  Ever been near water?  Creeks ripple their sounds over rocks and moss.  Streams gentle sounds lull you into daydreams, while a raging river claps its waves down mightly the course God has set before it.  Even the ocean roars as it thunders its waves to the shores and retrieves them back again.  The grassy hills, the tree lined mountains sway in the breeze that God created.  And yet, He sent His only Son to die a brutal death for only one of His creations.  That is us, the human race.  Today take a step back and look around you, find something God has created and see the joy it gives you today.  It could be a tall oak tree, a shiny rock, a bird in flight, or a beautiful orchid. 
 
God bless you as always!  Leave a comment and if you haven't join my blog please do so!  Jan


4 comments:

Winnie said...

What a beautiful post! The beauty God has created in all around us. I love how you wrote about nature. Some of my most peaceful and joyfilled memories were spent camping in the woods

Donna Heber said...

Hi Jan,

I just found your blog through SCS. I'm sorry to hear you had surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery. Blessings to you.

Em's Thoughts said...

Jan, what a beautiful post. I love the thoughts and have never taken the time to think about the water in that way. Thank you for reminding me that we can find beauty in everything God created. God bless you my friend.

Pryn said...

Lovely verse. Thank you so much for sharing! I am glad to read that you are recovering well from your surgery. Hope to see you join in the challenges over at The Outlawz once you are feeling better! Get well soon!