Friday, January 4, 2013

Can you believe it?  It is already 2013!  A time for reflection of where we've been and where we are going.  The past year has been a roller coaster ride for me,  many high ups and a lot of down times; but the Lord has seen me through it all.  And continues to see me through it all. 

My latest card, is a Sympathy Card for a godly woman who has just lost her husband recently due to a massive heart attack.  They were great prayer warriors, living their lives for Jesus.  He leaves a wife, two teenage daughters and a four years old son. 


As you can see the background is a shimmery silver paper which I rounded off the corners.  I used a die to cut out the two sized ovals and used pop up dots to give it some depth.  The sentiment is from Stampabilities.  I then printed off a picture of the bible and cut that out and paste on.  The red rose took the cake!  I used several different flower punches and quilled a small rose in the middle.  I then added a pearl for the center and stroked silver glitter on the petals.  I bended it up for depth as well.  then added three leaves on each side, punched out by Martha Stewart leaf punch. 

This card inspired me to learn how to make more flowers, so last night I was up 'learning' and creating several more flowers. I hope you all had a wonderful New Years' Day and pray for an upcoming great year of 2013! 

As always, love to hear from you.  Please leave me a comment or two ..  God bless!  Jan

4 comments:

Winnie said...

Hi Jan! The email delivery of your post went perfectly! What a lovely card for your friend. It will bring her comfort I am sure. I remember when I lost my hubby the cards and prayers meant the world to me. Your card is lovely. I love the flower and the sparkle of it. Your bible image is perfect as well.

Jan Leslie said...

Thank you so much for your comment and compliment on my card. The card was actually for my cousin's friend, who asked me to make her a Sympathy card. God bless! Jan

Sherry said...

love your card!!!!

Em's Thoughts said...

Jan, what a beautiful card for your friend. I'm sure it will mean alot to her. So sorry for her loss. It is going to be hard on her, but with God's love she will make it through. You need to teach me to make those flowers. :)