Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Here we are one week before Thanksgiving ~  It has come up so quickly!  I just didn't have the time this week to make a 'Thanksgiving' card.  However ~  I did participate in the Word Art Wednesday this week.  Let me know what you think of the card I turned in. 



As many of you know the Word Art Wednesday, picks a Bible verse each week for the 'creators' to feature on their cards.  In case you can't read this, the Bible verse is Psalm 30:11-12.  I die cut the label out and printed the verse on to it.  Started off with black card stock, placed embossed burgundy with 'Swiss dots'.  Added a grey flourish which is also a die cut by 'Cheery Lynn Designs'.  This particular rose was made for me - however I am learning how to make roses on my own with 'Sizzix' die cut.  The added feather gives it some elegance; don't you think?  What is a card if you do not have some diamond blings? 

My next card created is for a card drive through the Tea Potter's Challenge.  This poor woman whom the card is made for is going through cancer treatments; and in hopes of lifting up her spirits we have sent cards to her.  We all need some uplifting now and then. 



The card stock is from K & Company paper.  Again the burgundy is embossed with 'Swiss Dots' (happens to be one of my favorites).  I used 'Spellbinders' die for the tea cup, which is embossed with 'musical flourish'.  Added the cream die cut flourish and added the lace bow.  The burgundy corners are cut with 'Fiskars' corner cutters.  And yes!  I made this rose myself.  Added some gold glitter, 2 - 3 leaves (fond puncher) and three green pearlized gems.  And last but not least the sentiment is part of a stamping set from 'Sweet n' Sassy'; which says,  'May God grant you peace and strength as you lean on Him'.  I think this sentiment says it all.  Don't we all need God's strength?  His peace? 

I hope you enjoy these two cards ... it is always fun to play around with different things.  I would like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving Day next week!  And don't forget to read my devotioanls!  Just click on the tab on top or go to the Devotionals badge on the left.  I welcome comments here and under the devotional section.  God bless everyone!  And have a 'Precious' Thanksgiving!  Jan

No comments: