Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I normally post on a Thursday but as you all well know, this Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, so I am posting a bit early this week.  The card I chose this week, I actually had made several months ago - but felt it was the closest to a thankful heart.

 

Thanksgiving isn't only about the family feast, the pumpkin pies, and the afternoon naps.  It is a time when each of us need to take stock of what we have to be thankful for.  I believe the majority would find that they have an abundance to be thankful for.  The trouble most of us have, is we compare what we have to what others who have more.  That in itself is wrong, the Bible teaches us in Hebrews 13:5, 'Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.'
 
I personally found out, that when I take the time to just thank the Lord for all I have (naming each one to Him); I find that I am truly blessed.  I also find that I no longer wish to have what others have - and I find contentment in what I do have.  Which is an abundance!  This is when we can truly sing, 'Praise God for whom all blessings flow!'.  There is an added bonus to doing this.  When we see the abundance we have, we can then start and see those who do not have what we have, and it is a chance to reach out and give back what God has so graciously given to us. 
 
Now about the card:  This card is cut short in the front allowing the inside leaves to show.  And took gold glitter and dotted the bottom of the top half.  I then added a smaller portion of the same to the top half, cutting out the corners with Friskars cutters.  I added the golden flourish, die cut from Cheery Lynn;s Design.  Die cut the circles and printed off the sentiment and added the orange bow. 
 
I pray that each one you of have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 
God Bless always!
Jan
 
 
 
 

No comments: