Thursday, November 29, 2012

Good Morning Everyone!

This certainly is the season where we all get caught up in the holiday activities.  Baking goodies, sending cards out, buying gifts, and hopefully praising and thanking the Lord for being able to do so!  I have been blessed, with a pretty big order of cards to make.  Thought I would share a couple of them with you today.  This first one is made to uplift some one's spirits who is going through a period of recovery 


I love the sentiment; what better way to encourage someone than to tell them to lean on the Healer Himself, our Lord Jesus Christ.  I used Coordinated paper, embossed and then sanded down for the swirl effect.  I then cut the leaves and branches out using another 'Cheery Lynn' Die Cut.  The ovals are die cut from Spellbinders. The butterflies are also die cut which I lined the body up with diamond gems.  Folded up their wings for the 3-D effect.  I don't know, I just think this card whispers, Peaceful Healing.  What do you think? 

Time for another card?  How about this one?

 
 
This is a Thank you card I created recently for my order.  I love the softness of the background paper, and tried to make it blend in with the rose I have placed on pre-cut labels layered on a die cut oval which was embossed with 'Swiss Dots' folder.  I then cut out my flourish in grey, 'Cheery Lynn' Die Cut and on each end I placed a pink gem for sparkle.  Inside the rose is a big pearl.  The sentiment 'Thank You' is a stamped set by Stampin' Up.  

As always, I enjoy your comments.  If you are new, please join my blog and make it a place to visit me often.  I try and post each week.  I also have a Devotional button, please be refreshed in God's word as well. 

God bless!
Jan

No comments: