Monday, February 3, 2014

Who has had enough of SNOW?????

I know I have!  It has been one of those winters; where we get more than our share of snow here in Arkansas.  I for one - am ready for the Spring!  However, since I can't do anything about the snow - Maybe we can bring Spring to us.  I do have some Spring-like cards to share with you today.

This card I made for my Step-Mother, RuthAnn, as her birthday is on Valentine's Day.  I also did this card according to the challenge by, ''V's Sweet Ideas'   which called for: To use colors, Red, Pink and White in your card, but do not make it into a Valentine's Card.  I think I hit it on the heart on this one.  Don't you agree?

Those tulips, I bought online a year ago.  Sadly the woman who makes these passed away on Thanksgiving day due to cancer.  But her art and die cuts do live on from those who have used them.  The flourish is a mini die cut, and adorned with pink gems.  The cup I used for the vase, I just cut the handle off.  The stamp is from Stampin' Up.

Believe it or not, this card was made for a woman named Rose, she is turning 103 years old!!  What a milestone she has crossed.  Can you just imagine what all she has seen and heard during her lifetime??  The picture of the girl holding roses is printer generated off the Internet, centered on an oval die cut with pearls and a satin bow.  Isn't the little girl precious?  We were told that Rose, use to draw pictures of little children.  

Another card with a flower -- I really must be missing Spring!  Yet this one was a challenged to case another person's card on Splitcoaststampers.com.  I used a flower BG embossing folder, adding three die cut ovals, then centering my 'handmade' rose and adding lace.  

AGAIN IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN BUYING THESE ROSES, PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW HOW MANY AND WHAT COLORS YOU WOULD LIKE THEM IN.  I SELL THEM 6 FOR 3.00, THIS INCLUDES SHIPPING. 

On Saturdays, on SCS we have an 'Inspiration Challenge'.  Where they give you a source (usually an online store) to choose something that inspires you and then created a card from that picture from the online store. This is a La Blanche digi stamp which I colored.  The background of the picture is chalked in yellows and oranges and little bit of green.  I colored the digi with color pencils.  I then framed it and stamped the sentiment on it which is from Stampin Up.  

I hope these inspire you all to make some wonderful cards - to show your creation and hopefully Spring will come early!  God bless you - Jan

4 comments:

Winnie said...

Love your cards! Such softness and sweetness. The use of the florals on such a snowy day made me smile. I shoveled for 1.5 hrs and it got covered up like I did nothing. Hubby was out there again tonight. Hoping I can get to work tomorrow. Two more storms coming this week. I am wanting to jump on an amtrak and go to the sunshine!

KarinsArtScrap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous card you have made.

thank you for your comment on splitcoast on my Rose card.

gr karin

Jennifer said...

These are all just stunning! I love your creativity! Yes, I have had enough snow. LOL But knowing that winter is still three more months in the running....I guess I'll just have to persevere! Have a beautiful day!