Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It has been soooooo long I know!!

I recently had to battle migraines for 6 whole weeks!  It was so bad I couldn't even talk, walk or anything much less make any new cards.  But 'Praise the Lord' I am back in the saddle again! 

I am also planning to have devotionals again in the near future.  (Probably in a couple of months or so).  I have learned so much Biblical information and can't wait to share it with you! 

I am also having to downsize to another place to live, the house I am living in has been sold and will have 5 weeks to move out!  So much to do!  Sell loads of furniture, possibly if the weather will bless me, maybe I can have a garage sale as well.  Then of course all the packing and moving itself is a pain - and anyone who has ever moved knows what I am talking about!

Well today I have cards to share with you ...  (imagine that!)  And I hope they will inspire you and give you incentives to make a few cards yourselves! 

This card I made for a fabulous and lovely lady that had to have surgery last week.  She had 4 arteries blocked and had to have stints put into them.  But happily I can say, she is doing much better!   The DP believe it or not came from OTC, and I just love that bundle of dp they have in this set!  The middle white page was embossed, added a die cut label and butterfly.  Also a pink ribbon and bow and white pearls.  

Isn't this different?  I just love it!  The dp is yellow and blue wooden image, on it, I stamped the red bud tree branch and added little 'forget me nots' flowers.  Inside each I place a blue diamond gem in each one to give it that special sparkle!  Added ribbon and a bow.  The sentiment is one of my favorites and it is from Stampabilities.

 Isn't this one gorgeous???  I just love the way it turned out.  It happened to be a color challenge from SCS.  I started off with Kraft paper, added burgundy CS, the beautiful ivory die cut was given to me by a very special friend, Marilyn who lives in Canada!  I then placed a die cut oval onto it.  Paper punched my flower and bent them up, topped with a crochet flower (another talented lady by the name of Melody sells these).  Then the grand topping is a gold button placed in the center.  I absolutely love this and hope you do too!


This card called for a lighthouse.  Well believe it or not, I did not have a lighthouse stamp or digi of any kind.  So went looking online and found this one.  I printed it off in brown ink, and then colored it with color pencils and chalk.  My clouds are made with a technique where you used a scallop circle and blue chalk, I then colored the rest in pencils and printed off the Bible verse to go with it. 

Now for my last one.  I had so much fun with this one.  I tell you why - I got this stamping set at a second hand store!  The set is an old Stampin' Up set.  I used ivory CS, placed checkered and then topped with another marbled ivory dp.  On it I stamped the flowers in orange and blue, the middle was another stamp by Stampin' up a dot which I stamped in yellow.  I drew the stems and leaves, and then stamped this wonderful sentiment, by Louisa May Alcott.  

I hope you all enjoyed these - I love hearing your comments - please write me with your thoughts and ideas.  May God bless you!  Jan

4 comments:

Emily Thubbron said...

How beautiful are these cards. I love them. So glad you are back in the saddle. Love that you are still able to craft. Take care and God bless you my friend.

Gemiel said...

Jan, I'm so sorry to hear that you have been ill, but I'm glad to know you're feeling much better now. Your cards are fabulous, you sure have been busy creating. I love the die cut flower that you layered with the crochet flower. So unique. I know how much work moves can be so I pray that all goes smoothly for you. Blessings!

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Jan,
These cards are just so beautiful, the layouts, textures and colors. I am very pleased you have recovered and don't overtire yourself packing, preparing for garage-sales and then moving.
Blessings,
Carole

Jan Leslie said...

Thank you all for your prayers and wonderful comments to my blog -- it means so much to me to hear from you. May God continually blessing all of you! Jan