Monday, December 2, 2013

December is here!

This means Christmas is not far away anymore!  For many of us that means doing good deeds for the less fortunate.  I would like to focus on Matthew 6:1-4 for this line of thought.

Do Good to Please God

Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise, you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.  But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,  that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.


The Pharisees and Sadducees in Jesus' day; loved the attention that came with being 'the important' figures of that day.  They'd stand on street corners and pray out loud long-winded prayers, so that people who saw them would say, 'Oh what a holy man he is!'  Today's bible passage tells us that God does not listen to that type of prayer, and these men have gotten their reward for praying that way - the attention of others that cannot possibly answer their prayers or meet their needs.

This Christmas season, when you do your 'good deeds'; only let the Heavenly Father see it.  This way, the person you helped will be blessed as well as yourself.  By doing this, you are laying treasures up in heaven.  May God bless you this week!

Now for a card to share with you:

 This rose is handmade in red CS called Heritage.  The corner died  cut, which I bought online and the flourish is another die cut that I cut out in sage green.  I layered this paper with design paper called, 'The Linen Closet'.   I stamped sentiment is from Sweet n' Sassy and the butterfly is paper punched with added diamond gems.

If you are interested in receiving these roses, I sell them 5 for $5.00 (this includes postage).  I am sorry with the postage being so expensive to mail these out - I must add it on, making this purchase as high as it is.  If you can leave me an email at jan.leslie@att.net; telling me how to reach you, and how many you want in what colors.  I can get these made for you.

May God bless you, this week and keep you all in His care!  Jan

3 comments:

Winnie said...

Just beautiful, Jan!

Gail said...

This is a lovely card - Jesus is King!

Emily Thubbron said...

Jan, this is beautiful. I love that rose.