Friday, December 13, 2013

December is half over!!!

Can you believe it?  How the days fly by ~ ... I hope you can pause a bit today and let me share some cards with you today.  Of course since we are in the Christmas Season ... the cards I have will fit the season.

The picture I took sure does not do this card justice - but it was cloudy and snowing that day and this was the best I could do.  The 'main' star is done is ivory glittered paper, and has a diamond gem in the center.  I took white ink and twirled a Q-Tip in it and brushed around it, to give it that glow.  The 'Gilded Gate' was a gift from a dear friend of mine, Marilyn who lives in Canada.  Isn't gorgeous and magnificent??  It reminds me of the gates of heaven.  I then took gold card stock and cut little pots, adorned them with small red paper punch flowers with white puffy paint in the center.  The greenery you see here are 6 on each side, paper punched leaf called Branch by Martha Stewart. The sentiment, goes to a well known Christmas song that I couldn't get out of my head that day -- hence the card!

This idea came to me while I was browsing a Christmas catalog somewhere.  They had metal Christmas trees with scrolls on them.  I thought to myself, 'I can do that!'.  So with green card stock I embossed it with my scroll folder, then cut the trees out in triangles.  Mounting the card, is green card stock, layered with Christmas paper by Graphic 45, layered with another gift from my good friend Marilyn.  (Isn't that so sweet of her?)  I then took white card stock and tore them up making it look like snow.  I placed two trees behind and one in front.  I took gray ink (London Fog) by Memento Ink; and I lightly brushed it on the torn paper making it look like snow drifts.  I stamped Merry Christmas by OTC.  I also decorated the trees with red and diamond gems.  I paper punched the star and stuck a bigger diamond gem on it to shine brightly, as it did the night Jesus was born.  

This was quite simple to make.  But I started off with red card stock, layered it with Kraft paper.  I then took white card stock and cut a thin strip with zig-zag scissors that are at least a hundred years old.  (They sure do not make things today like they did back then!)  As my scissors belonged to my Mom and they are still going strong.  I then layered the thin white strip with red gingham ribbon.  I die cut the circle from Spellbinders in green card stock.  The white scallop circle is from another good friend named Emily, who lives in Penn. ... gotta write her - been awhile since we have chatted.  :)  The red flower is die cut from Sizzix, which I made three separate flowers and bunched them all together in layers, to make it look this thick and full.  The gingerbread man is a brad, which I stuck through the flower before attaching it to the card.  The 'Merry Christmas' sentiment is a stamp from OTC.  So see?  It is all easy-peasy!

For my last Christmas card to show you today, is a very simple one.  On SCS website, I took part of a challenge that asked us to use holly on our cards.  Well I knew exactly which one I would use!  These corners are stamps by HOTP, I inked them with Memento Ink: Bamboo Leaves.  I took red marking pen and dotted the berries.  The sentiment, 'Merry Christmas' is a stamp by Stampabilities.  Also done in the same ink.  I then took diamond gems, which you can get at Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks a package of approximately 250 gems.  This is layered onto gold card stock which is on green card stock.  I was pleased how it turned out.  And I hope you are too.

May the Christmas Season stir up your creativity, your thankfulness and the love that God has for us toward each other.  God bless you all!  Jan

2 comments:

Emily Thubbron said...

Jan, these are all absolutely beautiful, but if I had pick a fav, it would have to be the gate one. That is fantabulous. I love your style. Merry Christmas my friend.

Angela said...

Jan, this is one spectacular series of Christmas cards! Each a jewel to be cherished!